Tuesday, June 21, 2016

El Rio Grande, Tex-Mex Done Right

El Rio Grande, a Tex- Mex restaurant in Midtown Manhattan, is a restaurant that everyone needs to try out. Located at 38th and 3rd, conveniently close to my office, it has become a lunch and dinner spot that professionals and locals flock to.

Upon my first glance at the restaurant, I noticed their plentiful outdoor seating. It was 80 degrees and sunny, so my coworkers and I took advantage of the patio. Now although it is located off 3rd Ave, the outdoor seating is tucked away, so much so that I didn't even notice the bustling traffic. 

It was my first time at El Rio Grande, but my coworkers were regulars. El Rio Grande hands down has some of the best steak nachos in the city. Each nacho is individually crafted to ensure the toppings are evenly distributed and that you get the perfect bite each time. We ordered them for the entire table to share, but honestly, we could have each eaten full portions on our own.

Image result for steak nachos el rio grande
Steak Nachos, El Rio Grande 


For my entree I tried the Ensalada de Pollo. Full of fresh ingredients like avocado, pico de gallo, and grilled chicken, this salad is definitely one of my favorites. By ordering this, I was able to enjoy staying healthy but still getting that Mexican flare that I love.

If you enjoy authentic Tex-Mex and are in the area, El Rio Grande is the place to go, you won't leave disappointed. 

1 comment:

  1. the steak nachos are great there - I'm always partial to sitting on the 'mexican' side myself :)

    ReplyDelete