Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Shake Shack: The Inside Scoop

Now in numerous posts on this blog I've talked about finding the "hidden gems" of the city and have not spent time talking about the well known spots. Today however, I need to talk about a New York City staple, because yes it is that good.

Shake Shack, a joint known for their burgers and beloved milkshakes, has New Yorkers hooked, myself included. California has In-N-Out, but New York has Shake Shack. They have the speed of a fast food restaurant, but flavor that exceeds fast food expectations.

I'm personally in love with a Shack Burger, keeping it simple with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and Shack Sauce. However, burger options can definitely get more exciting than just that with options such as adding bacon or having lettuce replace a traditional bun.

Meal from Shake Shack
Their crinkle cut fries are the perfect addition to any meal. They have the just the right amount of crunch to the outside, and are topped with the perfect amount of salt. My mouth waters just thinking about them!

 Their milkshakes are a whole other ball game. They have traditional flavors such as vanilla, chocolate, half & half, but they get better than that. More unique flavors such as coffee, salted caramel, and even a flavor of the week make appearances on the menu. Right now the flavor of the week is Chocolate- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, which is my personal favorite, so I highly encourage all of you to try it.

Shake Shack Milkshake

Shake Shack may be a chain, but they're a chain that I am a huge fan of, along with nearly every other New Yorker. If you have the opportunity to stop in and try their food, I recommend it, because you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment